Re: [TowerTalk] Looking for a light coaxial

To: Towertalk Reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Looking for a light coaxial
From: Gedas <w8bya@mchsi.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2020 17:30:42 -0400
OP did not specify the feed point height but I have used RG-142 in similar situations to get me from the matched feedpoint down to ground level. Then transition to something like LMR400 (or a clone) for the low loss aspects etc to get me into the shack. The different in matched loss between RG-142 and LMR400 for a 100' length at 80m is only ~1/2 dB. Have NEVER had any issues because it uses a solid (and stiff) center conductor when you properly strain relieve it at the feedpoint.

Gedas, W8BYA EN70JT

Gallery at http://w8bya.com
Light travels faster than sound....