Re: [TowerTalk] Where to get LMR 400

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Where to get LMR 400
From: Artek Manuals <Manuals@ArtekManuals.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2020 08:56:39 -0500
John

Works ok around a rotator as long as you make the service loop big enough, Also depends on whether your rotator does 360 or 450 degrees . I am currently using LMR400 on a 450 degree rotation . I have a larger than normal service loop as the loop must clear a 5 element 220 MHz beam which is "fixed" below the rotating HF beam, so the feedline goes about 7' out along the boom before dropping down to clear the 220 antenna. I use a 1" pvc elbow  tie wrapped to the boom  this provides a smooth curve  transition from the boom, down, thus avoiding the possibility of sharp corner bend in the LMR at the boom

Dave
NR1DX