Re: [TowerTalk] Cable Window entry

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cable Window entry
From: Artek Manuals <Manuals@ArtekManuals.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2020 12:41:54 -0500
I had moved often before retiring and over the years had built/bought window pass through bulkheads, In addition to PL259 and N bulk head connectors, weather proof DC control cable  cables bulkheads for rotators and remote switches that I had to make and so on.....

Then one day it dawned on me. Just drill  3-4" hole through the wall and be done with it.

Use that really dense flexible foam that so much is packed with these days to seal the hole. Two less PL259 per cable along with the potential intermittent connection either due to improper tightening, corrosion or poor cable assembly ... been there done all those 8^(

IF your reasonable handy , you would be surprised how easy it is to patch the hole if you move !!!

Dave
NR1DX
AS Indiana would likely say ."Always take a gun to a knife fight"