Re: [TowerTalk] 4 square - collins hybrid measurements/component values

To: Tim Duffy <k3lr@k3lr.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 4 square - collins hybrid measurements/component values
From: "Lux, Jim" <jim@luxfamily.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2020 21:50:12 -0800
On 12/26/20 8:15 PM, Tim Duffy wrote:
Hello Jim:

"All the parasitics"???

73
Tim K3LR

most practical implementations of the hybrid will have:

1) leakage inductance in the transformer (i.e. coupling factor isn't 1)

2) loss in the inductor (from R in the winding, and loss in the core)

3) C between the windings (basically in parallel with the lumped Cs)

If someone has actually measured one on a VNA, that would be useful.