[TowerTalk] Reflector Length Vs SWR

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Reflector Length Vs SWR
From: Tony <73guddx@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2021 16:42:30 -0400
All:

I noticed a loss in front-to-back ratio on my 3 element SteppIR and it appears I lost the reflector motor. The front-to-back ratio doesn't change when I try to modify the length of the reflector and the SWR doesn't change at all.

The SWR does change when I modify the length of the director and driver as does the f/b ratio so the motors on the other elements appear to be working fine.

It looks like the reflector might be stuck in the fully retracted position so it probably needs replacing. Before I order a new EHU, does anyone know how to diagnose the older SteppIR controllers? The antenna and controller are about 18 years old.

Tony -K2MO