[TowerTalk] How critical is the 120 degree ...

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] How critical is the 120 degree ...
From: Jari Jussila <Jari.Jussila@oh2bu.pp.fi>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2021 10:47:59 +0300
Hi ...

I'm sure these topics have been discussed earlier, but could not find any thread ..... Sri ...

We are at our club erecting two towers. A rotating steel tower being 31 m high and a aluminium telescope mast 18+18 m = 32 meters.

A) How critical is the rule that guy wires should be "exactly" 120 degrees apart? A professional guide says, that the anchor point can be 50 mm from that 120 degree (119,9-120,1 degree) but some say, that a maximum of two degrees is OK. That meaning 118-122 degree.

What's the tower community advise?

B) The steel tower height is 31 m - it's a rotating tower - but the upper bearing is at 23 m ( leaving 8 meters for the antennas) and the lower bearing at 11 meters.

Whats the advise of anchor point distance? Some say, that the 60 % (distance for the tower) should be calculating from the total height (31 x 0,6 = 18,6 meters). Some say, it should be calculating from the upper bearing (23 m x 0,6 = 12.8 m)

Whats your opinion?

Jari, OH2BU
For OH3AC Club Station

--
Avast Antivirus on tarkistanut tämän sähköpostin virusten varalta.