Re: [TowerTalk] Telescoping aluminum tubing?

To: k4to@arrl.net, WW3S <ww3s@zoominternet.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Telescoping aluminum tubing?
From: Gary K9GS <k9gs@gjschwartz.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2021 21:25:42 -0400
Date: 7/31/21  7:22 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: WW3S <ww3s@zoominternet.net> Cc:
TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com> Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Telescoping
aluminum tubing? I generally use 4 inches overlap for 2 inch diameter and 2
inches for aninch and smaller.  If your sections are more than six feet in
length, Iwould consider adding an inch of overlap.  This is not based on
anyengineering calculation, but rather my experience over the past 40 years.I
recently bought some J_K antennas and that is about what they use.  Theyare
beautifully designed.Good luck,Dave, K4TOOn Sat, Jul 31, 2021, 6:36 PM WW3S
<ww3s@zoominternet.net> wrote:> Whats the recommended insertion/overlap when
telescoping .058 wall tubing?> Starting with 2 in, need to get to just under 30