Re: [TowerTalk] Modifying Comtek 4-square controller(relay unit) for a d

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Modifying Comtek 4-square controller(relay unit) for a different band?
From: "Lux, Jim" <jim@luxfamily.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2021 12:02:35 -0800
On 11/21/21 11:11 AM, Michael Tope wrote:
Hi Jim,

Starting with version 5.0, EZNEC implements the capability to model lumped transformers, inductors, capacitors, and resistors. Thus, it should have capability to model the Collins 90deg hybrid. The only caveat is that the transformer model is ideal (K=1.0), so including the impact of flux leakage and core loss would have to be captured with additional components in an equivalent circuit model.

I wonder how they do it. An ideal transformer has no Z or Y matrix - for an ideal transformer you can't express the voltage in terms of current or vice versa.  And yet, various analyses do use transformers and admittance matrices.

I1 = Y11 V1 + Y12 V2

I2 = Y21 V1 + Y22 V2

You can't find Ys from I1 = I2 / N and V1 = V2 * N.

Lumped L R and C is easy.

Maybe an extension to the underlying NEC core? But NEC is all about creating a big Y matrix, and then solving it.