Re: [TowerTalk] M2 KT-34 SWR curves low in frequency all bands.

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] M2 KT-34 SWR curves low in frequency all bands.
From: "Ken, W8EK" <kenw8ek@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 16:44:03 -0500

Hi Scott,

You are not the only one with the problem you mention.

Checking my KT-36 today, I have resonance at
14.068  1.8 SWR  95 ohms R  0 ohms X
20.937  1.0 SWR  52 ohms R  0 ohms X
27.497  1.1 SWR  43 ohms R  1 ohm X
(NO, I am not trying for the 11 m band!)

As far as I can recall, when installed about 12 years ago, it was in the middle of the band, but obviously is low now, especially on 15 and 10 meters.

I am fairly sure there is no problem with water. The only thing I can think of is the balun.

If you discover anything, please pass it along!

Thanks.

73,

Ken, W8EK