To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 231, Issue 13
From: David Gilbert <ab7echo@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2022 16:48:41 -0700

I'm really surprised to keep seeing that comment these days, when everyone should by now know that antennas are more or less reciprocal for transmit and receive.  The average ham on the other end is most likely running similar rigs and similar power to your 150 watts, and that means that signals should be roughly the same either way no matter how good or how bad your antenna is.  If you're using a good antenna that hears well you are almost certainly putting out a decent signal with it.  If you're using a poor antenna that doesn't transmit well, it just means you aren't hearing a lot of stations you'd be able to work if you had a better antenna.

This stuff is pretty basic ....

73,
Dave   AB7E