Re: [TowerTalk] Fw: Feeding single band HF yagis 500+ ft from the shack

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fw: Feeding single band HF yagis 500+ ft from the shack
From: Steve Maki <lists@oakcom.org>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 11:59:33 -0400
Very little 7/8" either.

We use thousands of 1/2" short jumpers, but we buy them pre-made, so there's very little bulk surplus 1/2" available anymore :-(

-Steve K8LX

On 5/17/2022 10:41 AM, john@kk9a.com wrote:
Connectors are really not expensive, especially surplus N style. It is
unfortunate for us that the cell towers no longer use 1 1/4 and 1 5/8
Heliax, it was much easier to get surplus than it is now.

John KK9A

Grant Saviers KZ1W wrote:

One thing I observed in the past (>3yrs ago) looking for surplus
hardline was that the larger diameters (>7/8) are sold at a bigger
discount.  Connectors get expensive, but only two are needed.

A factor impacting the market is new cell towers don't use much hardline
any more, all the RF stuff is at the top in the antennas.

Grant KZ1W