Re: [TowerTalk] Fw: Feeding single band HF yagis 500+ ft from the shack

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fw: Feeding single band HF yagis 500+ ft from the shack
From: "Lux, Jim" <jim@luxfamily.com>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 10:59:55 -0700
On 5/17/22 9:03 AM, Kelly Taylor wrote:
Curious… at what point, given the cost of hardline, does one consider running
code-compliant power out to the towers, putting the RF components there and using
either ethernet or fibre between the control heads in the shack and the rf components?

Fiber is cheap and reliable ($100-200 for "media converters" plus the fiber.  the "per foot cost" of fiber is quite low.

Running power out is actually fairly easy (probably easier than running coax).

It would be difficult to operate your Korean War vintage boat anchors, though.

Just a question. Flames will be ignored.

73, kelly, ve4xt

Sent from my iPhone