Re: [TowerTalk] Green Heron RT-21 Offset

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Green Heron RT-21 Offset
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2022 09:09:53 -0400
I'm sure that W2FU could give much better advice but I believe offset is
where your rotator stops, most of us use south.  Hy-Gain rotators have
switched stops in them so if the antenna is not aimed properly it will no
longer be stopping on south plus if something is slipping it will continue
to do so until that issue is resolved.  For my rotators with pulse counters
and no stops I simply turn the antenna true north and set the control to 0.
For my rotators with potentiometers and no stops, I do a calibration however
this will only work if the pot is close to midrange when the antenna is
north.

John KK9A

Kim Elmore N5OP wrote:

I've determined that my antennas point a fair bit east of the direction
indicated on my RT-21. Rather than rent a lift and readjust them, can I set
a general offset bias within the RT-21? I'm confused by what the "offset"
does based on the manual. My rotator is a T2X, but I can't imagine that
makes much difference.

Is there a setting that does what I want?

Kim N5OP

"People that make music together cannot be enemies, at least as long as the
music lasts." -- Paul Hindemith