Re: [TowerTalk] Tashjain Towers LM470 Remote tower raising control

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tashjain Towers LM470 Remote tower raising control
From: Steve Dyer via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2022 18:38:59 -0700
I am with you 100% John. Don't do it. Too many things can go wrong with really bad consequences. After a good friend (call sign withheld to protect the guilty) tore off two runs of LMR-600 and bent up a 3 el 40m full size, the remote was removed from his UST crank up. Trees grow. Beam heading indicators go bad. The list of potential cascade failures is not solved by a camera. There is a reason Tashjian does not sell one and it's not just about liability.
73,
Steve
W1SRD