Re: [TowerTalk] Long Term Connector Reliability Re: TowerTalk Digest, Vo

To: Drew Vonada-Smith <drew@whisperingwoods.org>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Long Term Connector Reliability Re: TowerTalk Digest, Vol
From: "Charles Gallo (KG2V)" <charlie@thegallos.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2022 14:26:01 -0400
On 2022-07-25 12:17, Drew Vonada-Smith wrote:
All,

Before anyone decides to engineer a full-scale change from UHF to N
connectors, whether it be due to "electrical superiority", "water
resistance", "reliability", or any other reason, I suggest that you
poll the experiences and opinions of a few large station or
multi-multi users who have worked with both.  You are likely to exit
that conversation with a very different opinion.

The devil is in the details.  Feel free to email me if interested.

73,
Drew K3PA

I'd say the way to actually go, if we are going to push for a change is probably 4.3/10 DIN connectors - go where the RF industry has gone for 1/2 foam coax (7/16 is just too large, but DOES have the advantage of being readily available surplus)

--
73 de KG2V
Charles Gallo