Re: [TowerTalk] Taper conversions ...

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Taper conversions ...
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2022 18:15:47 -0400

Thanks, Steve.  I'll take a look at Yagi Mech.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV

On 2022-07-29 11:54 AM, Steve Maki wrote:
A method I've used (albeit a bit roundabout) is to use Yagi Mechanical to determine the individual element resonant frequencies (for the constant diameter elements), and then do the same with your tapered elements and adjust tip lengths to get the same resonant frequencies.

-Steve K8LX

I have some 6M Yagi designs with uniform element diameters
that I would like to build using tapered elements I have on
hand from the aluminum pile.

Does anyone have a pointer to converting the uniform element
lengths to an arbitrary taper schedule?

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV