Re: [TowerTalk] Increasing power capability of 6-meter yagi

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Increasing power capability of 6-meter yagi
From: David Gilbert <ab7echo@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2022 06:47:03 -0700

Cushcraft has been making antennas for a very long time.  I wonder if the design of that model simply dates back to when hams were only allowed 1 KW.  Maybe nobody bothered to update the rating.  The only other reason I can think of for why a standard yagi wouldn't be able to handle more power is if it had a gamma match with a smallish capacitor.  Almost any other feed system should handle more than a KW unless the connections other than the SO-239 (straps, screws, etc) are really flimsy.

Dave   AB7E