Re: [TowerTalk] Increasing power capability of 6-meter yagi

To: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Increasing power capability of 6-meter yagi
From: Mpridesti via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2022 11:24:52 -0400
Joe

You make perfect points here!

No doubt the gamma was designed around a KW power level but the reality is, it
was probably ok for 500 watts. Power limit was 1 KW input with 50% efficiently,
a 500 watt design target was the case. Now envision 1500 output to the antenna
feed point. Yep you will have problems!

Other related Cushcraft power limits come with the A3/A4 tribanders- no more
than 1200 watts here.

Regards,

Mark, K1RX