Re: [TowerTalk] High-Tension Wires

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] High-Tension Wires
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <pete.n4zr@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2022 21:16:56 -0400
Hi Paul - I have the same situation, except that the HV lines are a little closer to my antennas.  In 5 years, I have had lots of line noise problems, but all of them have involved the lower-voltage distribution lines on the top of every power pole, which feed the transformers that deliver our 220V.  After a lot of good work by the local power company, my neighborhood is now quite quiet.

The way this was explained to me is that the power company is very sensitive about anything wrong with the HV lines, because it costs them substantial money.  Whatever, the results suggest that you needn't be concerned.

73, Pete N4ZR
web server at<https://reversebeacon.net>.
For spots, please use your favorite
"retail" DX cluster.