[TowerTalk] How To Remove Tarnish off Bare Copper Wires

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] How To Remove Tarnish off Bare Copper Wires
From: Gedas <w8bya@mchsi.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2023 15:54:36 -0500
I was wondering if anyone had a simple method for removing the tarnish off stranded #14 copper wire that has had the THNN insulation removed in several areas? I will need to solder to these areas and the tarnish will not allow normal 60/40 Rosin core to flow.

I am hoping for some home "remedy" or simple mixture that does not involve some complex chemicals or procedures that can be applied on, brushed then rinsed off. TU 73

Gedas, W8BYA EN70JT

Gallery at http://w8bya.com
Light travels faster than sound....