Re: [TowerTalk] How To Remove Tarnish off Bare Copper Wires

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] How To Remove Tarnish off Bare Copper Wires
From: Gedas <w8bya@mchsi.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2023 11:40:33 -0500
I would normally agree but this is for a multi-turn VLF loop antenna where I removed an inch of insulation from each turn so I could tap that point and select turns with a rotary switch. Each turn is only 1/2" apart. But I left it outside too long before I got to it and the copper tarnished fast. Going to have to be soldered in this case. Thanks for the suggestion however. 73

Gedas, W8BYA EN70JT

Gallery at http://w8bya.com
Light travels faster than sound....