[TowerTalk] Trapped Antenna in the "formal" literature?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Trapped Antenna in the "formal" literature?
From: "Jim Lux" <jim@luxfamily.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2024 18:06:28 -0500

I'm looking for a paper reference to basic trapped antenna design and
performance, preferably in something like an IRE or AIEE journal (I'm sure it's
pre-IEEE).

I'm writing a paper and I make a reference to "yeah, you could do this with
traps, but here's a different way" and a reviewer (who is obviously not a ham)
said "what's a trapped antenna".  And rather than write paragraphs about L/C
resonant circuits and how they work in an antenna, I'd like to just say:

Trapped antennas as described by [Maxwell, 1862, Rayleigh, 1903, and
Pocklington, 1897] were explored, but suitable trap configurations could not be
found.

(Obviously, Maxwell, Rayleigh, and Pocklington didn't talk about trapped
antennas)