[VHFcontesting] CW

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] CW
From: ns3t@arrl.net (Jamie Dupree)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:00 2003
The ideas and responses about CW & VHF contests have
been interesting to sort thru.

While I still wonder if giving more points per CW QSO
would be the best thing to do, maybe the first step should
be setting up a CW only category for the ARRL VHF
contests.

The other battle though is simply to convince more people
to try out CW, instead of just yelling for contacts on SSB.
We all know how much easier it is to work DX via CW -
that's true on all the bands.

I guess we just have to get on the reflectors, get on the bands,
get on our friends and press them to dust off their keys.
Heck, with all of the new computer logging software out there,
it's more easy than ever to use a keyboard to send CW
and even to use a computer to decode it.

Jamie NS3T