Fw: [VHFcontesting] RE: VHF Contesting

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Fw: [VHFcontesting] RE: VHF Contesting
From: ka5cvh@ka5cvh.com (Mike Urich, KA5CVH)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:31 2003
----- Original Message -----

> > Regrettably, the manufacturers are reluctant to
> > support less than the major DXpeditions unless they
> > will really get them a ton of publicity.

> > Factory sponsorship, like in motorsports, does not
> > occur in ham radio at all that I'm aware of.  What
> > I'm talking about would be a manufacturer
> > bank-rolling the operation with money.  I've never
> > heard if that occuring.

Mike wrote

I didn't mean to imply that they (mfgr's) would be "bank-rolling" the
operation, however wishful.  I have heard of a couple where all the gear was
donated to use and to be returned upon completion of the trip.  That right
there would be worth a lot on its own.

Mike Urich
http://www.ka5cvh.com/thebigone.wav