[VHFcontesting] Rover rules...??

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Rover rules...??
From: "Ray J , W9RAY" <ray@w9ray.org>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 11:33:23 -0600
I don't Know if this would be of interest to the discussion or not...

A person here in our club (Northern Lights Radio Society)  Tried to rove
with 4 family members on a trip .. his logs were denied... Heres the
results of his questioning.

"Am sorry for the delay in answering, as this has been an interesting
question that really isn't covered by rules.

The only type station that may be operated from multiple locations is a
Rover.  Four persons in a rover is not allowed.  So I guess that leaves
being creative.

Obviously the scores can not be combined whatever entry is done... so
more creativity comes into play.

I would say your could do two 2-person rovers- Ops A&B as one and Ops
C&D as the second.  But they would have to be done separately. A/B could

not assist C/D.  Using the same equipment would be allowable under the
family radio rule.  You could also do four 1-person rovers, but again
none of the other three could help the one operating.

You could also probably do separate Multioperator entries from 3
locations and a single op from the fourth.  However, whose-ever callsign

was used at location one could not participate at sites 2,3, or 4, since

to employ the family operator rules means a second callsign must be used

and be used by other family members.  So at site 3, the owner of
callsigns used at sites 1 and 2 could not participate.  Site 4 would
have to be a single-op under the remaining callsign since the other
three operator's callsigns have already been used.  You could also do
four single-op entries, with only one person operating from each site.

Regardless of how you operate, you could not combine scores into a
single entry.

Good luck and have fun.

73

Dan Henderson, N1ND