Re: [VHFcontesting] 222 Sprint

To: VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 222 Sprint
From: Dexter McIntyre W4DEX <dmcintyre@att.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 11:42:22 -0400
Enjoyed the event here in NC. Prop to the NE was poor and for a while I thought I was only going to hear locals. However at 0149Z K5QE in Texas, EM31 was worked. I heard another 5 calling several times but could never pull the call out.

Worked two stations I haven't worked in many years and two new guys which were new to the band. One was about 60 miles away using an indoor Quagi in the shack with low power. This band seems to be picking up some new interest which is great to see.

Total contacts:  18
Total grids:     13

I believe the microwave reflector has been down for a few days. I have seen no post and did not see my post return. I made a web (brag) page with more details than anyone wants to know about the K1WHS / W4DEX 2.3 thru 10 GHz contacts made last week. See it here:

http://w4dex.com/microwave/k1whs/k1whs_w4dex_25sep04.htm

73,
W4DEX