[VHFcontesting] Re: Rohn Telescoping Masts

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Re: Rohn Telescoping Masts
From: "John Isenberg FL" <ihi@frontiernet.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 13:01:40 -0500
JT:
I am not using the Rohn ones, but I did buy some telescoping fiberglass
masts that seem to work great for roving.  I got them from Max-Gain Systems
in Georgia (Alan Bond)  He has various size tubes and rods that fit snugly
in each other.  I sawed a slot down the end of a tube and put a SS clamp on
it.  Just push it up and tighten the clamp. I have 4 small beams on one mast
(144, 222, 432, and 1296) with no problem.  A second mast for 6m with a
small liason beam.  my third mast is a heavy aluminum one for a bit more
rigidity for microwaves.

If you want, I can send you a picture of my rover configuration.

Jack
WA2IID