[VHFcontesting] 222 sprint

To: "VHF Contesting List" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 222 sprint
From: "John Wilcox / NS1Z" <ns1z@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 00:23:15 -0000
I have successfully made contact with Jeff/NJ2F in EL96, approximately 210
miles from my QTH in EL99bf. I figure if I could hear Jeff thru the trees at
210 miles then I should be able to hear within that radius in other
directions that are without trees. This goes as far north as Savannah, GA
and south to West Palm Beach/Fort Myers.

Looking for scheds etc for the Tuesday Sprint to increase my grid totals
(now at one (1) on 222!). I have been in contact with George/KU4VQ who, I
expect, should be readily worked once antennas installation is completed.
Any others have time to experiment from 1900-1930 local time? I am on AOL IM
for coordination. In fact, it was on AIM that Jeff finally made it clear to
me that I was pointed 90 degrees off his QTH. Once that sank in, the QSO was
relatively easy...

John Wilcox  NS1Z
EL99bf
Silver Springs, FL