[VHFcontesting] Multi-op rover

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Multi-op rover
From: "Rick R" <rick1ds@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 18:13:58 -0400
I have lobbied for many years to have a separate category for 1-op rovers vs multi-op rovers.
The rationale is that 1 person does not have the capability to do what 2 people can in terms of driving and operating, not to mention the physical needs sometimes involved in set-up and breakdown at each stop, if that's the kind of rover you have.
And the two ops can be running QSOs simultaneously on two bands, but one op can only operate 1 band at a time.
I certainly would not mind having a separate category for the multi-op rover, just like we have a category for the multi-op fixed station. But let's not think that it's a fair match for 1 person alone to compete with what 2 or more can! 73, Rick, K1DS/R