Re: [VHFcontesting] Sweepstakes prize

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Sweepstakes prize
From: "Mike Metroka" <VHFRover@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 08:50:39 -0500
Frank,
   Funny that you should bring up that movie...  The few times that I was
lucky enough to receive a certificate for a contest my wife called it
exactly that: "It's a  major award!"  And we laughed. Thanks for the humor!
73
Mike WB8BZK/R

Frank said:

The Ultimate prize for any ham radio sweepstakes/ contest  should be that
lamp shaped like a leg with a garter belt and web stalkings from the now
classic movie "a christmas story".

The ham recieving this prize would be like the old man in the movie.
"ITS A MAJOR AWARD HONEY!"
He would be thrilled to show it off in the front room picture window for all

the nieghbors to see to the added distain of his XYL.... Much like the
tower....