Re: [VHFcontesting] Alternatives to Par moxon

To: John D'Ausilio <jdausilio@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Alternatives to Par moxon
From: Dan Evans <dan.evans@insightbb.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 17:44:34 -0400
John,

I'm not aware of any other commercial versions of the Moxon, although
they are pretty simple to make.   I used to run a homebrew Moxon for 6m
made from 1/2" copper water pipe.  It worked real well, but was a bit
heavy.  Aluminum tubing would probably be a better solution.  I'm
currently using the Par Stressed Moxon.  It works very well, but is a
bit fragile.  You really have to watch those tree limbs!

I believe there are homebrew directions on L.B. Cebik's web site,

http://www.cebik.com

Good luck,

73
Dan