[VHFcontesting] 6M Sprint Results

To: <vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu>, <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 6M Sprint Results
From: "Les Rayburn" <les@highnoonfilm.com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 12:11:42 -0500
Shopping trip with the wife caused me to miss most of the early action in the
event, which is a shame, because locally that seems to be when most contacts
occur. Some noted regulars like W4ZRZ, K4AAF, and others weren't on the air for
the event either. Conditions were poor, with the approaching severe storms
making reception difficult.

Worked three Q's in two grids, so my rookie effort was pretty dismal. I
actually worked more folks on 222 than 6 meters. Really expected more activity
since just about everyone owns a 6 meter rig. No enhanced propagation noted
here either. Had to wait for improved back scatter just to work N4ION in the
next grid. (Thanks for your patience, OM!)

Called CQ on both SSB and CW several times per hour, with virtually no answers.
Hoping for some E's this week.

Thanks to the sponsors for a great event.  I had fun, even without the
contacts.

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF

Les Rayburn, director