[VHFcontesting] Contesting Software for June VHF

To: "VHF Contesting Reflector" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, <vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu>, "Alabama Contest Group" <acg@alabamacontestgroup.org>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Contesting Software for June VHF
From: "Les Rayburn" <les@highnoonfilm.com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 13:52:33 -0500
I'd like to get recommendations on the "best" software to use for the upcoming
VHF June Contests. I'll be operating an IC-910H (2M,432, 1.2ghz), an Icom 746
Pro (6M),
and a Yaesu FT-736R (222 only). I'm not sure that it would be possible or
necessary to control all three radios during the event.

Some items on my "wish list":

1.) Logging, including grid square.
2.) Computer control of the Icom radios via CIV
3.) CW Sending (keyboard macro's, etc.
4.) Voice keying (keyboard macros)
5.) Spotting network with a display of spotted stations on a frequency scale.
(Similar to N1MM)
6.) Rotor Control (Optional)
7.) Easy generation of log file for submission

I also plan to run WSJT during the late hours, but other than that, not much.

I did read the QST column this month on "Contester as Cyborg", which was a
great overview, but didn't make a lot of recommendations.

Advice from the masters is more than welcome!

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF

Les Rayburn, director
High Noon Film