[VHFcontesting] quick 6M antenna

To: "VHF TEST REFLTR" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] quick 6M antenna
From: "MICHAEL SAPP" <wa3tts@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 11:33:03 -0400
For a quick 6M gain antenna I'd try a 2 ele Quad. The 100ohm feedpoint is easy
to match with a 1/4 wave piece of RG6 or RG11. I made the spider supports from
dowel rods and wood hubs once, but PVC is quick as well. Don't overlook stacked
omni loops as high as practical, they can outperform a lower height gain
antenna--especially if the attainable height is near or above tree top level vs
a gain antenna 10 or more feet lower.  Mike WA3TTS