[VHFcontesting] 6m comment reply

To: <VHFcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 6m comment reply
From: "Steve Tripp \(K1IIG\)" <stephen.tripp@snet.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 17:39:42 -0400
Thanks John (KF4YLM) and my friend Dave (K1WHS) and others,

It sure is a pleasure reading some great comments about the impact on the 6m
comments I had on contesting. I will standby my concession that I agree that
it is not a good idea to modify the existing 6m band from our contesting. I
commented in the interest of the Rovers who are on lonely mountain tops with
microwave setups being ignored because of the Es on 6m but I guess that is
the way it goes. From my perspective, John was correct that improving ones
discipline on which band to be on at what time, is well taken. I have 4
radios on 7 bands and it truly is a challenge ( my friends in NYLI would say
" quit your crying"). I am new to v/u contesting but have been a ham for 50+
years and a retired wireless engineer and very sensitive to "them" with the
big bucks, trying to capture our UHF frequencies and one reason I am moving
up and having fun doing so.

Please support your local Microwave Group,

Steve
    K1IIG

ps. I was about to send the above email and found I had a lot more coming in
referencing my earlier suggestion. Most agree that 6m is a " great magic
band" and should remain as is. I now agree. A few rovers wish to have us pay
more attention to them and I will. Happy that I spurred some interest in
this and see you on 6meters.