[VHFcontesting] 6meter

To: <VHFcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 6meter
From: "Steve Tripp \(K1IIG\)" <stephen.tripp@snet.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 08:20:12 -0400
Hi Ron,

Thanks for your kind words and suggestions, you did read into my thoughts
accurately in that my suggestion was not to kill all 6m contesting but to
enhance the upper frequencies. I did miss a few points that others brought
to me and therefore have rescinded the idea of partial elimination of 6m, it
was not a good idea after all. My effort on 6m is reasonable with a pro3,
5ele M2 at 70' and a KW for power. I would like to let that idea die but
sure did get some interesting comments that I enjoyed reading.  I belong to
a great microwave group, North East Weak Signal (news) with a bunch having a
tremendous knowledge base that I can learn from. I have built and run
repeaters for 45 years up to 1.2ghz  but I find it is boring compared to V/U
contesting so I keep moving up the bands.

Thanks Ron and others, I think the horse is dead.

Steve
K1IIG