[VHFcontesting] Newbie Question about the ARRL UHF Contest

To: <vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu>, "VHF Contesting Reflector" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Newbie Question about the ARRL UHF Contest
From: "Les Rayburn" <les@highnoonfilm.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2008 01:15:05 -0500
I seem to recall during the Microwave Spring Sprint some mention of a 2 Meter
"coordination frequency"? I know that during events which include 2 Meters,
it's commonplace to start out on 144.200 and then "move" stations to the higher
bands. What is the protocol during the UHF contest? Does everyone congregate on
432.100?

(See I told you it was a newbie question!)

Color me really excited about my first ever UHF contest. Hoping for some new
grids on both 222 and 432. BTW, got the 222mhz and 2.3ghz transverters both
working with my Yaesu FT-817ND. Thanks to all who helped with the effort.

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF

Les Rayburn, director
High Noon Film