[VHFcontesting] Icom 756 Pro III-Transverter, and WSJT

To: <ic756pro3@yahoogroups.com>, <vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu>, "VHF Contesting Reflector" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Icom 756 Pro III-Transverter, and WSJT
From: "Les Rayburn" <les@highnoonfilm.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 12:36:33 -0500
I'd like to operate WSJT on 222mhz during the upcoming Perseids peak on August
12th. I'll be using an Elecraft 222 transverter along with a 120 watt brick
amp.

During the recent ARRL UHF Contest, I successfully connected my Yaesu FT-817ND
to the transverter, and everything worked out great. The only problem is that
the transverter makes use of the ACC Port on the back of the radio, which would
also need to be used by my soundcard interface. Not a huge issue for that
contest, as I simply ran SSB and hooked up a straight key for CW operation.

Now I'm wondering if my Icom 756 ProIII might be a better/easier solution. It
has a transverter output on the rear but the manual is very limited in details.
I think everyone assumes that if you know what a transverter is, then you must
know how to hook things up! (ha, ha). My soundcard interface is a US Interface
Navigator unit, which has custom made cables to connect it to the Pro III.

I'm currently using the ProII and interface to work WSJT on 6 Meters, so no
issues there.

So...any idea how the heck I go about this? Any help appreciated. Peak is in
about a week, so I need to get cracking!

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
EM63nf

Les Rayburn, director