[VHFcontesting] Multi-op interferance on IF freqs

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Multi-op interferance on IF freqs
From: paul rollinson <ke1li@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 05:29:45 -0800 (PST)
Good morning all,

During the last contest we expanded the bands we worked up to 10G from the
bottom 4. This created a huge problem.

We had to shut down the 2, 220, and 432 stations to use the upper bands due to
interference from the lower, high power stations on the IF rigs for the
transverters. 6M had little effect but we only had 100W running. Murphy reduced
our power level.

I speculate that a common patch panel and close proximity of the antennas may
be the culprit but I'm looking for other opinions and potential solutions.
Especially from the big multi-ops that run legal limit on 2 and 432 which we
use for IF's.

June is coming and I'd like to start clearing this problem asap. We always run
out of time.

73 and thanks for the input,

Paul, KE1LI