Re: [VHFcontesting] Changes to the 2009 June VHF Contest

To: "VHF Contest Reflector" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Changes to the 2009 June VHF Contest
From: "Ward Silver" <hwardsil@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 9 May 2009 09:51:20 -0500
> That's great until you find out you are in the same ARRL division as W2SZ!!
> groan!  I'll never see a plaque unless I set a brush fire that Saturday on
> Mt Greylock in Massachusetts.  The good news is that this change spreads the
> plaques out across the country, which is really good.
>
> Dave K1WHS

I don't believe that the plaques listed are the only ones possible.  Think up a
good plaque program targeted to the competitive characteristics of your area
and sponsor it!  Take a look at the CQ WW program for special plaque examples.
The Western WA DX Club sponsors high-score plaques for Japan, for example.

Reiterating my occasional exhortation to foster (ferment?) regional competition
- if the contest sponsors are maxed out on categories and awards, sponsor your
own!

73, Ward N0AX