Re: [VHFcontesting] [VHF] Uploading VHF+ Logs from Multiple Grid Expedit

To: "T. M." <k7xc@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] [VHF] Uploading VHF+ Logs from Multiple Grid Expeditions...
From: Peter Laws <plaws@plaws.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 10:03:44 -0600
On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 15:31, T. M. <k7xc@charter.net> wrote:
> I just talked to the LOTW guy at ARRL and all you need to is change your
> station location (GRID) when uploading files from various grids...
>
> A certificate for each grid operated from  IS NOT NEEDED as I previously
> thought....

You need a certificate for every CALLSIGN you use, including callsigns
with self-assigned designators, such as N5UWY/9.

Each certificate can have one or more locations assigned to it.

This is done via TQSL, the program that signs your logs.

Dave, AA6YW, author of DXLab Suite, has a really clear set of
instructions on adding locations to your TQSL configuration here:
http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/CreateStationLocation

Of the 100 or so 6m contacts I have confirmed in LoTW, *12* had no
grid locator in their configuration!  I listed them in a message that
has yet to be approved ...

Peter