Re: [VHFcontesting] [VHF] Funcube Dongle?

To: "Les Rayburn" <les@highnoonfilm.com>, "Richard Allen" <rca@rcallen.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] [VHF] Funcube Dongle?
From: "ejh" <wm3m@live.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 11:43:31 -0400
Les,
I agree with Richard.  I bought one about a month ago, it arrived from
England in less than 2 days.  It took me awhile to get it working correctly,
it is not plug and play, quite a few adjustments to get it working right.
It does not compare well with ham rigs using the same antennas.  Also, I had
a Icom R7000 for many years, similar coverage, it did not work as well as
the R7000.
I sold the FCD about a week after I got it.  I think it is great for a SWL
type user, but for weak signal ham use, ham gear rigs are much better.
Hope this helps..  Emory  WM3M