Re: [VHFcontesting] 222 Mhz question

To: DAVE CLEMONS <dave@egh.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 222 Mhz question
From: Tom Carney <tomc@carneysugai.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 20:23:23 -0800
Hi Dave

Can't speak for your part of the country but out West there is about as
many (or more) stations on FM than on SSB.  My rough survey says about a
third FM, a third SSB and about a third have both.   The thing you miss
with FM only is not the number of Qs, it the distant multipliers.

I usually operate as a rover and have a transverter so can operate both.
However, switching the antenna polarization is a pain.  Thus I frequently
leave the transverter at home and just take a FM rig with a mag mount
vertical.

73,

Tom K6EU aka K6EU/r