Re: [VHFcontesting] 222 Mhz question

To: DAVE CLEMONS <dave@egh.com>,VHFCONTESTING@CONTESTING.COM
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 222 Mhz question
From: Eric Watkins <shelshok@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2011 12:02:28 -0700
I'd say I make about 25% of my 222 contacts using a Alinco FM rig and
the rest using a transverter. If there are rovers nearby 223.5 is the
way to quickly work them without waiting for the transverter to
stabilize. For any DX stations, 222 sideband is the way to go, FM
simply won't go the distance, nor are people expecting to use it. I
mostly contest in the Denver metro and surrounding areas.

kr0ver