[VHFcontesting] F.S. Lunar Link 222 Amp

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com, newsvhf@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [VHFcontesting] F.S. Lunar Link 222 Amp
From: w8zn@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 02:47:57 +0000 (UTC)
Hello everyone,

I've decided to sell my Lunar Link LA-12 amp. This is a newer unit with the
built in power meter, both peak and avg, reflected power also. Uses a pair of
3CX800A7's (included). If you are not familar with these amps, they are second
to none. K1FO has spent a lot of time designing and perfecting these amps.

I have RF relays on it which I will include. The amp is easily a 9+ on a 1-10
scale. I also have the power supply that goes with it. It is my own design
using a power transformer I purchased from Steve at Lunar Link. The amp
requires 50w of drive for 1500w out. I have the standard blower on it and it
will easily do 1 kw out on WSJT. If you want 1500w out on WSJT, I recommend a
bigger blower. I've installed one on my 2m and 70cm LL's and 1500w key down for
hours of WSJT cycles with ease. The power supply uses SSR's for the 240v line
and I can include some spare parts for the power supply. All necessary cables
are included.

New, these amps ready to go will cost about $4K, I would like to get $3000 and
I will ship CONUS free and I'll give the buyer a 90 day warranty.

Terry Price - W8ZN  ex K8ISK
FM18dv - 1.8MHz thru 47GHz
K8GP - The Grid Pirates - FM19bb