[VHFcontesting] WZ1V 432 Sprint

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] WZ1V 432 Sprint
From: Ron Klimas WZ1V <wz1v@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2012 07:53:03 -0400
Activity lower than usual here, especially to
the SW. I couldn't raise anyone north of FN32.
Heard a VE2 calling but he faded before
getting his full call. When I heard how
weak KA2LIM was, I knew it was time to quit.
Being surrounded by wet foliage higher than
my antenna was like operating inside a canyon.
I threw in the towel shortly after 9pm to
watch the presidential debate. I awoke a few
minutes before 11 to check the band but all
was quiet. Best DX KA2LIM FN12, N2SLN FN23.
Totals 26Q's x 11 grids = 572.
Tnx to the sponsors and all who participated.
-73, Ron WZ1V FN31rh