Re: [VHFcontesting] FM freq's

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] FM freq's
From: "Jim Hunt (K9GTJ)" <K9GTJ@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 21:23:24 -0500
Several years ago during a vacation, I participated in the Ocean State (RI) FM Simplex Contest which ran parallel to the July CQ-VHF contents. The intent was to get those with FM only equipment to participate and experience contesting. What I thought made the contest work well was to define either two or three concentrated hours on both Saturday and Sunday so the chance was better for everyone to make contacts. I did well as a rover and worked several states and a couple of maritime stations but unfortunately lost my paper log before I returned back home from vacation.

K9GTJ