Re: [VHFcontesting] K1WHS 222 sprint

To: <WA2TEO@aol.com>, <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] K1WHS 222 sprint
From: "Dave Olean" <k1whs@metrocast.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 08:20:23 -0400
Hi Jeff,
    I tried starting the flakey 222 laptop this morning and it worked, so I
could get at the log file for the 222 MHz Sprint. I had 34 QSOs in only 14
sections. I added up all the distances and it looks like you beat me by a few
hundred points.  I have not seen many other distance based scores, but my tally
amounted to 10,597 points.
7 Qs over 500 km
5 Qs 400-499 km
8Qs 300-399 km
7 Qs 100-199 km
4 Qs 200-299 km
2 Qs under 100 km!
Interesting to look at the distance breakdown. Most stations are far away from
me. Maybe I should have hung around for the last hour, but I was getting tired
and called it quits at 10 PM. It was fun getting on a VHF band again in the
Spring. I am looking forward to the 432 Sprint next week.

73
Dave K1WHS