[VHFcontesting] uW Sprint

To: VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] uW Sprint
From: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 4 May 2013 21:19:28 -0500
I operated from a hill referred to in the Chicago area as "Tower Hill"
in EN52sa for a few hours. I worked W9SNR/R on all bands 1296 MHz
through 24 GHz; W9ZIH on 1296, 3456 and 10 GHz; KO9A, K9JK/R and
WB8BZK/R on 1296; and N9LB on 1296 and 2304.

Last year I operated in this Sprint from a hill closer to home in
EN50rl. The distances to Chicago, where most of the stations were
located, was much greater so I had a much better score in a
distance-based contest last year. Since I was in the Chicago area this
time, distances weren't so great but I got to make the 24 GHz QSO
which I probably wouldn't have made from EN50rl. Conditions were not
that great. My calculated score this time was 834.

It was a fun morning!

73, Zack W9SZ