[VHFcontesting] Missing the SVHFS Conference

To: "vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu" <vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu>, VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Missing the SVHFS Conference
From: Les Rayburn <les@highnoonfilm.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 08:45:14 -0500
It is with great disappointment that I must miss this coming weekend's Southeast VHF Society Conference in Atlanta, GA. It what must sound like a broken record to many of my amateur radio friends, work has once again interfered with my favorite hobby.

I was really looking forward to finally putting faces to many of the VHF operators that I've worked since getting started in this part of the hobby five years ago.

Worse, my VHF Elmer, Jimmy Long, W4ZRZ was heavily involved in promoting the event, and I wanted to do whatever I could to make it a success for his sake. Abby and I reserved a room weeks ago, and thought we might be able to wrangle some things to allow us to attend at least one day of the event. But alas, it's not to be.

Maybe next year. But I hope everyone will enjoy the event--and know that we're still out here.

Les Rayburn, N1LF
121 Mayfair Park
Maylene, AL 35114
EM63nf

6M VUCC #1712
AMSAT #38965
Grid Bandits #222
Southeastern VHF Society
Central States VHF Society Life Member
Six Club #2484

Active on 6 Meters thru 1296, 10GHz & Light